Friday, January 23, 2009

Corneal Refractive Therapy

I know that I just told everyone where they could go to get a pair of glasses for $8, but I found something else that I really like now. I went to see about getting Lasik at the end of last year and I wasn’t the best candidate. My corneas were below average thickness. Not to mention the fact that I really didn’t want to pay $3,800 for the procedure. There was also the whole not wearing contacts a month before and no make-up and no eye rubbing. I just didn’t sound like such a great option for me. I looked into CRT lenses. That is corneal refractive therapy. They are contacts that you sleep with them in at night and then you take them out in the morning and you can see. It is pretty slick. They are hard, gas permeable lenses that are between the size of hard and soft lenses. The whole thing was about $950 which is 25% of the cost of Lasik. You might want to check it out if you are tired of wearing glasses.

No comments: