Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Lovely Reminder

Don’t leave valuables in your car! Over the weekend someone got into my car and probably took everything out of my car that didn’t have much value. I don’t really understand what the thieves were thinking but in my mind the things that I thought they would go for remained intact. It was almost like they were trying to do me a favor and clean all the junk out of my car. Things like my stereo, new car vacuum, new air compressor and rollerblades. They seemed to browse my CDs and probably take one or two of them. They took some reusable Harmon’s grocery bags, sunglasses, sunglasses holder, some pamphlets and my sun shade. They seemed to be searching for cash because they took out my ash tray and cup holder and didn’t quite put them back right. Then they left the $2 in quarters that I had in a compartment that they must not have checked.

I should probably feel really violated but after it all I am just grateful that I don’t have to replace anything that is going to cost much to replace. Everything I need to replace is probably going to cost me $45 or so. Not bad considering the last time my car was broken into it was $300 to get the car fixed, $200 for a new stereo, and $100 in CDs. In comparison this is quite pleasant really. Tonight I will be removing those things from my car that I deem valuable.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! maybe someone didnt't know what to get you so they decided to give you something you already love..... or maybe not.

Someone once stole my ashtray, when I asked the Cop (who noticed my car had been broken into, and allerted me to the break in) why someone would steal something so stupid when there was other stuff in the car, he told me that Ashtray theft is quite common, especially in late model vehicles that they don't make parts for anymore. That, and criminals are just dumb sometimes