Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Deep Freeze

I was able to go home to MN for Christmas. Aside from the deep freeze I was able to have some fun times with family and friends. My highlights included seeing these two scamps…
going to The Body Worlds exhibit at the MOA with Marla and going to the Louvre exhibit at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. This is my favorite piece that I always try to see at the MIA along with Van Gough’s olive tree painting. One day the temp got down to -15 and my mom’s car didn’t start because the fuel lines were frozen. You know it is cold when your eyes are watering because of the cold and your eyelashes start sticking together because there isn’t enough salt in your tears to keep them from freezing together. I won’t be able to listen to anyone complain about the cold here. In comparison this place is like a tropical paradise.

3 comments:

Marla said...

i find it mildly hysterical that our picture from 'BODY WORLDS' is with a mexican guy with a mustache. :)

so fun seeing you! come back soon! preferably when it's nicer out. :)

Alexis and Rick said...

That last peice is on the newer Pride and Prejudice movie!! YAY! I love that show. I am glad you had fun!

Suzi Q said...

It looks like you had fun! You'll have to tell me more about it! :)