Living with roommates at one point, we had some ugly
silverware. It was Michele’s birthday
and I was trying to think about what to get the girl who has everything. I was talking to my roommate Brooke and I
said maybe we should get Michele some new silverware because the stuff she had
is ugly and mismatched. Then Brooke said
that the silverware was hers and she got it at the dollar store. I think her feelings were hurt for a second
but she didn’t hold it against me for too long thankfully.
Thanks to my roommate’s bargain shopping eagle eye, I scored
two eight piece sets for $35 each. I
wasn’t sure if I wanted to take the plunge and then we ran into a guy at the
store who said, “Buy them.” He went on to tell us about a time he wanted to buy
a lamp but he wasn’t sure about it and by the time he decided he wanted it,
someone else had snatched it up and he can’t forget about the lamp that got
away.
I later that night I ran into a friend at Harmon’s and was telling him
about how I just took the plunge and bought a whole lot of silverware. He reminded me that I need to live a
little. I never thought of having new
silverware as living a little but I guess in a way he is right. I am going to definitely LIVE IT UP with my
new set of silverware. The other reason
I feel good about this is that I was able to donate my mismatched set to my
roommate’s inner city school where it will go to a family in need. Sounds like I win/win to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment