I have waited to do this post until I got completely through the Winter. I wanted to see if eating a lot of nutrient dense foods would really bolster my immune system. Since I learned about the ANDI (aggregate nutrient density index) scoring system and tried to eat nutrient packed foods I have definitely seen some positive side effects.
One of the best effects is the fact that I have gone through this winter without getting sick. That isn't to say I have been in perfect health but despite being around sick people at work, sitting next to a very sick person during a movie, flying on 10 different planes and being around all manner of people on public transit I didn't have any illnesses overtake me this entire winter. That isn't to say that I didn't feel any coming on. There were at least 5 times that I felt a sore throat coming on and then the next day it would be gone.
I didn't really even go out of my way to keep from getting sick. I may have had some hot chamomile tea or gone to bed early but there was certainly no going out of my way to prevent anything. I was especially grateful for a strong immune system when I went to Hawaii. A few days before my trip, a sick coworker who always seems to be sick in the winter decided not to use his sick time. I teased him that if I got sick in Hawaii it was going to be his fault. Then right before I left I felt that sore throat coming on again. But whatta ya know? I was better the next day.
What can I say? I really like being well. My health isn't perfect but it sure is nice to be well when it really matters. My next goal will be reducing my stress levels. :/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment