Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Bad Boys

I came home to about eight police vehicles, K-9 dogs and a fire truck outside my building today. Can't say I got the best picture of it all...
Thankfully they weren't looking for me. I asked one of the officers what was going on and he asked me if I lived in #3. I said I lived in the 1st unit and he said that #3 had been burglarized and they were looking for the girl who lived there. They said that the thief got in through an unlocked back patio door and I guess someone saw the guy running away.
 
I did notice yesterday when I took out my trash that the cover on my grill had been lifted up, like someone had been inspecting it. Not sure what else that was because it hasn't been windy for a while. If that was what had happened, they probably saw the chains that I had it locked to and wanted to see what I was trying to protect.
 
I wonder if her patio really was unlocked or if they broke in. Lots of questions right now very few answers. They knocked on my door after about 10 minutes after being home and they asked me if I knew who lived in #3. I imagine that they wanted to call her to have her come home sooner. Perhaps more info will be posted on my HOA board because I am sure everyone wants to know what was going on.
 
Right now I am just grateful that it wasn't my place. I don't doubt that they inspected my place to try to break in not knowing that my place is like a fortress, well not quite. ;) I am also glad that I am so vigilant about leaving a stick in my patio door. I am not feeling bad at all right now about the fact that I can be pretty anal about locking things up really well and being really careful. Phew!

2 comments:

Jennifer Mosher said...

Way to be anal, Lisha!!!

Lisha said...

Thanks for your approval. ;) Tonight in my prayers I am going to be grateful for all the things that didn't get stolen from me today. :)