I sometimes get these crazy ideas to improve my health. Sometimes I feel like my body is just my place for experimentation. I was listening to the radio in my car last week and the D.J.s were
talking about how they were going to do the gallon challenge for a month to see if their health improved. They were talking about all the benefits and mentioned before and after pictures of people who had completed the challenge so I decided that I needed to at least look into it.
I was reading about chronic dehydration and it turned out I had half of the symptoms listed, although I can't vouch for the accuracy of the website. The other thing I learned is that people at high altitudes have a greater need for water than the usual recommendations. I am also pretty sure that people who live in the desert need to drink more water. I figured I was a good candidate for the challenge so I decided to make the commitment.
So far so good. At first I had a few mild headaches before I went to bed the first couple of nights. I guess that is pretty normal because as your water percentage changes in your body, your brain swells and shrinks. As for drinking too much water, according to what I read, that usually happens when a person drinks six gallons in a day or drinks 2 liters within an hour. Yea for water!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment