Saturday, September 19, 2015

It's the End of the World as We Know It

There has been a bit of talk lately about the world coming to an end sometime between September 23-27th, because it is both a harvest moon and the last blood moon in a tetrad series. Also there are these books out selling at Deseret Book called "Visions of Glory" and "A Greater Tomorrow" that are doing a good job keeping Emergency Essentials shelves empty. I think there are probably others that are all supposed to have similar stories.

My biggest issue with those books is that they teach false doctrine which conflicts with the scriptures and what prophets have told us. I really question why these books are even sold at Deseret Book. I am sure there are many members who think that if something is sold at Deseret Book it has to be true. Seminary and Institute teachers have been told not to recommend these books to their students because of their false doctrine content. They say that these experiences are for the people who had them only and should not be taken as prophetic counsel.

These authors may believe that they are doing a good thing as they are fattening their wallets, by spreading fear, because people are getting prepared. That whole idea bugs me. If they are all just lying to get attention or make money, I would hate to be them on judgement day. I can't say that they are definitely lying but I don't feel good about what they have done at all.

I know we are fit to burn on this earth. We just legalized gay marriage and we murder millions of babies every year and I feel like we have the most evil president that this country has ever seen. If we look at other times in the scriptures that people have been destroyed, we seem to be able to compete with their wickedness pretty well. I have to believe that it is coming, but based on the fact that nobody will know when the Savior comes and the fact that many signs of the times haven't come yet, I am thinking we are safe for a little while. I do think that we are ready for a serious wake up call though.

I just know that my safety is in my righteousness. I need to strive to pay my tithes, keep the Sabbath holy, and do my best to keep the commandments and follow the Savior. I believe I will be protected, unless my work here is done. I also have a decent amount of food and water storage and I have tried to be prepared for a disaster.

Last Thursday I went to a new institute class last minute and it was interesting. The teacher has been a Seminary and Institute teacher his whole career. He even taught at BYU. He is now retired and has just returned from a mission to San Diego, so I am pretty sure that he knows quite a bit about the scriptures. He said that he has been spending quite a bit of time studying the Second Coming. During our class he said, "I will not be here for the second coming, I only have about a decade left, but there is a good chance you will be here for it." All of his research has led him to believe that it will happen between 2040 and 2050, but then he added, give or take 50 years. He said that he was compiling a book with all of his findings about the second coming based on the scriptures and quotes from prophets. He said that he didn't know if he would publish it but he felt like it was something that he wanted to give to his children. Anyways it was interesting to think that I could be about 70 years old when the Savior comes. I guess I better take good care of myself. ;)

No comments: