So I deleted my last post about the bone broth diet. It didn't take long for me to feel sick trying that stuff out. I messaged a friend with an auto immune disease to see if she had ever tried the diet since some of the so called "experts" recommend the diet for people with auto immune diseases. This friend told me that she had heard of the diet because her father had actually found it and committed her to try it. She said it was a lot of work to do all the cooking but after about two months she got sick and had to discontinue it. I came across some additional information that really turned me off to the idea so I decided to delete my post.
You don't have to search too hard to find examples of people testifying of how their health and weight have improved after committing to more fully living the Word of Wisdom. There is this lady and then this one and this one and I am sure there are plenty of others.
I have also found this website nutritionfacts.org were Dr. Greger reads all the latest medical journals and studies, to dumb down the information for the rest of us. One of the reasons I like this website is because what he shares helps me see more clearly the benefits and reasons why the Word of Wisdom works. I like that he points out all the problems when certain industries like the meat, dairy, soda, etc. pay for studies that come out with very skewed, contradictory and downright misleading information. Then the soda industry will claim that Coca Cola is nutritious because it contains water. The Word of Wisdom even says, "Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation". Dr. Greger works off of donations and doesn't try to sell anything which is also very important to me.
I was thinking about my dad today. He passed away when I was 14. He had heart attacks and a stroke along with diabetes, and finally Alzheimer's before he passed away at 72 years of age. I believe his death certificate said that his cause of his death was blood poisoning which I can only guess stemmed from his other problems. The solution my dad had for his problems was sage brush. Yes, you heard me right, sage brush. He would go out into Utah's dried out desert fields with garbage bags and gather up the stuff. Then he would bring it back to our home, blend it up to a powder and we would help him stuff capsules with the eraser of a pencil, for him to take later. For him it was an answer to his prayer and he very faithfully did all he could do to get more sage brush into his diet.
Well I guess I am like my dad in that way. I want simple solutions and easy quick fix answers to my problems. I will try ANYTHING within reason to feel better. Now I am wondering how things would have been different if my father had just committed to live more strictly by the Word of Wisdom. I am not sure that he would still be alive today but I am sure he would have suffered much less pain, surgery and medical expenses.
The bottom line is that I am a little disappointed in myself that I haven't had the faith to just trust in the Lord's Word of Wisdom to begin with. After all, I know that "There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated— And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." (D&C 130) This is my commitment from here on out, that I will never talk about any new diet craze or hyped up supplement or fad ever again, unless it is completely in line with the Word of Wisdom. Period! Just for the record I am not trying to lose weight. I am trying to be healthier and have less medical problems and less digestive issues, although weight loss is almost always associated with a plant based diet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment