Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Mom is Amazing!

I was watching an interview with Lenny Kravitz a few weeks ago and when the interviewer walked into his home she saw a picture of a woman that covered an entire wall. She asked him, “Who is that beautiful woman on your wall?” He said, “It is my mother. In every home I design I find a way to honor her.” Since then I have been thinking about the way I honor my mother. I think that the greatest thing I can do for her is to live my life in accordance with the things she has taught me and have respect for others. Here she is holding me.It is time to pay tribute to my mother. I know that Mother’s Day is past but it is going to be my mom’s 70th birthday on the 28th of May and I feel the need to tell you all that she is pretty great. This is us again the day I was baptized. I sure loved that pink coat I got for my 8th birthday. I tell my friends so many stories about her that are just funny and random. I also do the mom impersonation so people want to see if she really talks like that. When she does come to town they just want to meet her and they are all shocked when they find out that she is going to be turning 70. I guess that is the benefit of having children later in life, you stay young longer. Lucky me. I get to be with her in Minnesota on her birthday. She has been there for me through it all. Thanks a million Mom!

No comments: