Friday, October 14, 2011

SUPER Glue to the Rescue

So Wednesday night I sliced open my thumb. It was across the top, down my nail and about a ¼ inch deep. I’d share pictures but it is pretty ugly. I tried to stop the bleeding with ice and then scab powder but neither of these did the trick. I was debating what to do next. I was wondering if I was going to need to go to the ER to get stitches but I thought about what a pain that was going to be and how it was going to keep me up all night. I also knew that I needed to get it to stop bleeding. I got my insurance card out to see what my options are and noticed that I had a $75 co-pay for an ER visit. I remembered back on my mission when I saw woman superglue her daughter’s forehead closed, after she split it open on their coffee table. This woman worked with horses and she said that the vets used superglue all the time when the horses got cuts.
Since her wound healed well, I decided I should give it a try. So far so good. I have had very little pain since and I didn’t need to worry about it bleeding while I slept. It looks like I am not the only one with this idea. http://adventuresinwoodworking.com/2008/05/09/super-glue-safe-for-treating-cuts/

No comments: