Sunday, December 25, 2011

More Firsts with Brooke

So I have this great friend named Brooke who I am glad lies to me. Because of her lies she gets me to do things that I would normally say no to. I will give you a few examples. She was trying to get me to hike Mt Timpanogos and I wasn’t so sure I was up for the challenge. She tells me that it is pretty much flat going up and it is just like walking most of the time. She always finishes with, “It really isn’t that bad”. Yea, ten hours of hiking a mountain “isn’t that bad”. This is also how she got me to run a half marathon. Well this last weekend she used her lies on me again. She got me to go sledding face first down a hiking trail along the side of a mountain at 20 mph. Just so you understand there are some real risks here, there was a guy on the trip riding down the trail who flew off the trail and into a tree. He cut up his face and probably injured his back. Anyways the bottom line is that I am glad she got me to go because it was pretty fun.
We rode down on these things called airboards. Who would have guessed that you would pay hundreds of dollars for a sledding toy? They were very nice and they did actually help you steer as you are flying down the mountain. I also got to go snowmobiling for the first time. They were fun but not so easy to get started. I had to put all I had into it. I love this shot of Brooke trying to start the snowmobile.
Then to finish off our winter getaway, we had a good time jumping off things into the snow.
I am hoping I get invited up to the cabin again because it was AWESOME!

No comments: