Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Proselytizing with Scare Tactics?

During my travels in Minnesota we passed this strange big red tent at the Celebration Church by my sister’s house in Lakeville.

Come to find out it is a haunted house of sorts. Supposedly they take you through all of these life scenarios where people die and have to meet their maker or something like that.  I was curious but irritated by the idea of scaring people into the belief that they need to accept Jesus into their lives.  I almost went with my brother-in-law with a $3 coupon but when they said you couldn’t take guns inside he wouldn’t do it.  I am actually glad I didn't go though.  I had a creepy feeling about it in more ways that one.  I am so glad we don’t succumb to scare tactics like this in the LDS faith to get people to follow the teachings of Christ.

No comments: