I have a new addiction.
The good thing about my addictions is at least they are healthy. Well I guess I should say that I like to keep
them in a healthy range, because any addiction can get out of control even
eating squash. I am sure a good number
of people question my level of squash eating as healthy, but they are the crazy
ones! ;) Spoken like a true addict,
right? Anyway, I have gotten into
selling on ebay and I have noticed that there is a bit of an exhilaration that
comes when you get an email telling you that your item sold. It doesn’t matter if it was only sold for
$1.99. The point is that someone wanted
your stuff. Someone found value in
something that you had no use for and could just be ready to toss.
I have been feeling for a while that I have way more stuff than I have use of and it is all just cluttering up my life. It makes me feel bogged down like I never want to move anywhere because it would just be too much work. I am sure that this hording (and I am not a crazy horder like the ones on TV by the way) I have done just comes from not having much when I was younger. It made me want to collect more and more things in case I ever needed them for any situation.
Just in the last two weeks I have sold 10 items and made
over $240. I have bids on three more things that will sell within the next week. I have also posted some larger items on KSL
and sold two things there. This is even going to change how I buy things now. I am going to have to ask myself, “Is this a good investment? Will I be able to sell this later for a good price?” Hopefully the sales will continue to happen and I will feel more and more free from all of my stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment