Thursday, January 2, 2014

One Step Closer to Sunny Days!

I just talked to THE man over all church schools who asked for my resume before he took his Christmas break.  He had just come back in the office today.  I asked him if he had received my resume and he asked me to sit down for a few questions.   He wanted to be sure I understood how my life would change with a move to Hawaii.  We went over financial differences, cultural differences, and small town issues.  In the end I told him that I had been doing a little bit of research and I had made a friend over there that could help me find housing and make social connections.  He said that the cost of living is 30-40% more but I would only receive about a 15% pay increase which didn’t frighten me too much.  I mean how can you put a price on paradise?

 
Then he asked me what I could bring to BYUH.  That was a question I wasn’t ready for.  I told him that I was reliable but in looking back he probably would have wanted me to say something about my finance experience or my attention to detail.  Oh well.  He told me that there was definitely a need for someone with my skills.  I was a little surprised to hear that but that was certainly good news. 
He asked me if I had any questions for him.  I just wanted to know about time frames but he certainly didn’t have that kind of information yet.  Now I just have to figure out how to sell everything I own, relocate my roommate, rent out my place and store the things I can’t sell.  No big deal.  Okay, the reality is that I am completely freaked out with a good amount of excitement in the mix. Coming from MN, this would be fulfilling a lifelong dream. 

2 comments:

Brooke said...

We are so excited for you and this adventure! Don't forget about storing your stuff in the Anderson free storage facility--we already have a room staked out for you :) When you come up for a visit we can go show it to you!

Lisha said...

That is why you are one of my besties darling!