Sunday, May 25, 2014

Squash Babies

This is my second attempt at growing squash, and my third time trying to garden.  What I wouldn't give for a REAL garden.  For now I just have to settle for gardening in pots.   The first gardening attempt didn't go so well.  I got some plants from Wal-Mart and some pots and soil and I went at it.  I got a few tomatoes and some bell peppers out of that, but what I got out of it I am sure didn't come anywhere close to the amount of money I spent on everything.  Then I tried to grow some squash out of seeds that I had scooped out of some tasty squash that I cooked.  I got them going but then they died.  I think that both times I overwatered them.  I guess I just figured any extra water would drain out the hole in the bottom, not so.  I also want to blame the NASTY grasshoppers that seemed to fancy my tomato plants.  This is my third and possibly final attempt at gardening.  At least this time I didn't spend any more money.  I just used some seeds from squash that I ate and have saved for probably 2 years, and I reused old pots and soil.
Fingers crossed that I will have some amazing bundles of joy to show you when this summer is over.  I am a little concerned that some of the pots aren't big enough and then I have the problem of two plants growing too close to each other but I will be grateful for anything I get at this point. 
 

No comments: