Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Cameron-My Bus Buddy

I saw Cameron on the bus today.  He is so funny.  He got on the bus and he stood holding on to the pole looking towards the back where I was sitting.  I finally noticed him and I smiled and waved.  He gave me an awkward smile but kept standing there.  He finally sat down but kept looking back towards me and smiling.  I motioned for him to come to the back and join me and he looked confused at first and waved at me again, so I motioned more obviously for him to come back and he shook his head as if to say, "No way!" I was reading "The Happiness Project" but I kept noticing him looking at me and smiling.   Finally I decided if I was going to talk to him I was going to have to move by him. 

I sat behind him and he noticed right away.  I said, "I just wanted to come and say hi." He said, "I forgot your name."  I said, "It's Alicia and you are Cameron right?"  He nodded.  I asked him if he was headed to the store. He said that he was going to the Sprague Library.  I asked what he was going to be doing there and he said that he was going to go and learn about cross bows.  I asked him if he ever found Salt Lake Archery.  He said that he did and he even went in to talk to them.  I asked him if they were hiring and he said that they weren't.  Honestly the whole time he was so awkward and shy that I wondered if he wasn't used to talking to girls.  Ha ha!  I am probably twice his age.  I just think he is adorable. 

When he got up to get off the bus he said, "See ya Alicia!" Ahh...  It is too bad I can't just adopt him as my little brother.  I would probably spoil him, right after I got rid of that mullet of his. ;)  But if he is really attached to it I would let it stay.  After he left, I thought, "Shoot!  I should have gotten a picture." Hopefully someday we will be good enough friends for that.  Some people just makes me smile.

No comments: