Saturday, April 2, 2016

Blessings From Heaven

I was talking to a friend about how crazy this world is and how Jesus maybe coming soon. I started to go off on the importance of food storage and how I just got some for myself. As soon as I blurted all of that out, I felt stupid. This friend has no money for food storage. How can I tell her to go and get food storage when her husband has cancer they have a child to support and they are swimming in medical bills.

I have always been there to emotionally support this friend and sometimes I have helped her with food when I lived in Utah but now I am in Hawaii. It kept playing again through my mind and finally I just decided that I needed to order her some food storage from Wal-Mart and have it shipped to her home. I was going to wait until her birthday but then I thought there is no need to wait. One night I felt like the spirit was prompting me to order it for her now. So I did. It felt really good to do it.  I also felt like the Lord would find some way to bless my life in return.

Today I was snorkeling out my back door and some senior neighbors I had meet at church called to me while I was on the beach. They said that they had some food they wanted to give me since they were flying back to Utah and selling their home. I told them I would be by later. I talked to them for a while and they loaded me up with tons of food and household items. I am sure I could say that what they gave me came close to equaling what I had sent my friend.

I got home and realized that I missed a call from this friend that I sent the food storage to. I thought, oh shoot, did she get the food already and figure out it was me? I was hoping that the shipping documents didn't have my name on them but I wasn't sure. I called her back and she said, "Thank you so much." I tried to play dumb and I said, "For what?" She said "For all the food you sent us." I said, "Oh shoot did it have my name on it?" She said no but she knew it was me.

She also said that her husband thought it was the bishop and he even called him and left him a voice mail thanking him for the food.  She said she was going to have to figure out a way to pay me back and I said no you don't because God told me to order you that food and he already paid me back. I said that the reason I missed her call was because I was busy collecting tons of free food from the senior couples home. It all came full circle.

I just love Heavenly Father. It just amazes me how sacrifices we think we are making are never really sacrifices at all. Either in this life or the next he finds ways to bless our lives in unexpected ways.

No comments: