Saturday, July 23, 2011
The Glass Castle
I have a new favorite book. It is called, "The Glass Castle". I realize this book isn't going to be for everyone but I really enjoyed it. It was partially because I felt like I could relate to some things in this memoir but at the same time the life of this family was so much crazier than mine that it made me appreciate my family more. When I say this book isn't for everyone I should say that there is a bit of language, that some people may not appreciate. As I read I never really wanted to put the book down. I can't say that there was a dull moment in the whole thing. It speaks of trials and triumphs and overcoming all that life can throw at you. It talks about the love between siblings, of parents to their children, and children for their parents. It talks about the destructive forces that work to destroy families and the love that continues to bring them back together. It is very well written and I can't say I have a single criticism. I thought the author did an amazing job compiling her life's history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I really enjoyed reading this book. I read it for school last summer. It was so intriguing I couldn't put it down.
I just had another friend who told me she hated it. She thought it was depressing. I am with you. Makes me glad my life isn't THAT screwed up. :)
Post a Comment