Monday, July 4, 2011
Zion's Trip
Last weekend I went to Zion's Nat’l Park. Aside from being brutally hot it was a wonderful trip. I went with my friend Heather for her family’s reunion. We enjoyed the hikes and met some friends on the trails. There seemed to be an abundance of Europeans. We met a couple from Denmark and I was happy to learn that the guy Ivan was actually from Serbia. I should have gotten a picture with them. Ivan was in LOVE with the Angel’s landing hike. He said he loved the trail and wanted to rename it Ivan’s trail. His girlfriend Katarina was not prepared for the hike and they didn’t know how much water they needed. Heather’s dad is a doctor and her uncle is a firefighter. They saw she wasn’t doing so well as she was very red in the face. They asked how much water they had and they showed their liter water bottle they brought to share with about a cup of water left in it. Heather’s uncle Lan had suffered heat stroke on this trail before so he wasn’t taking any chances and he offered them the rest of his water from his camel back since we were now headed down and they still had some climbing to do. He started to drain it into their bottle and Ivan was surprised how cold it was. Lan had filled it with ice water. When Katarina saw she was getting some fresh cold water she said, “You are our saviors.” We hiked the Narrows, Angel’s Landing and Emerald Pools. It was good to do so much in such a short time. Anyway here are some photos…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lucky! I wish my family enjoyed hiking like that (or that I could attach myself to one that did.)
Looks like a beautiful trip! I'm glad you had a great time :)
Post a Comment