I have many fun memories of that time, except for the times that Kate got grounded which happened a LOT and it was usually for a month at a time. The rest of us could get caught skipping school and our parents didn’t really care. I was a pretty good kid for the most part so my mom didn’t worry about me too much and gave me more freedom than most. I remember once when we were walking home from school early cause we wanted to, and Monita’s grandma drove by. I was worried that she was going to get in trouble. Her grandma said, “Aren’t you supposed to be in school?” Monita said something about how she just felt like leaving and her grandmother asked her if she would be home for dinner. That was the end of that conversation.
Kate has a father who has been in quite a few films. Kate’s brother John wanted to be an actor just like his dad. She and her brothers got to go to the Academy Awards in 1995 when her dad was nominated for best supporting actor in the movie “Babe”. We were all watching hoping he would win. There was only so much room at the table and she let John sit by their dad since she knew he wanted to be an actor someday and she got to sit way in the back out of the view of the cameras. I knew John wanted to act but I didn’t know if it was ever going to happen for him until I saw this poster on Kate’s FB page.

I asked Kate about the film and this was her reply, “You totally have to see this. As you can tell from the tag, I play a headstrong fighter pilot who courageously commandeers a plane to go rescue a company of men trapped on the front by the Gerries. Unfortunately, she is ...court marshaled for going AWOL and shot dead while trying to escape from military prison, but her granddaughter (also played by me) avenges her death by perpetrating the same heroic offense during Desert Storm, this time saving the lives of two 4-star Generals and their sons and earning a Purple Heart which she accepts in her grandmother's name.” Cracks me up! Needless to say, I am excited for this film to come out. They are still waiting for the release date apparently. John said he would let me know when he knows.
It was so sad when Kate and Monita left for a boarding school in Iowa and I had to deal with high school without them. My life was a whole lot less exciting but maybe that was all for the best. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment