So I used to be even more clueless about filing my taxes than I am now. I would turn to my mom to have her help me with them. This was a bad cycle we got into because we never got around to filling out the forms until April 15th. This always made me feel like the screaming banshee in this Hallmark card here except we would end up screaming at each other by the end of the day.
My mom tried to look at the more positive aspects of waiting till the last day. She would talk about how they had free cookies and juice at the post office. How the post office was open until midnight in some locations. How there were so many people at the post office that you might just make a new friend.
Somehow in the end we managed to become friends again and laugh about our stressful day when we dropped those envelopes in the mailbox. We were just happy that the adventure was over. Well I knew I had to break the cycle a few years ago and do them on my own. I found some online tax services that have been really helpful. My taxes are already processed this year and I am just waiting for my money to be deposited into my bank account.
I tried to tell my mom about how quick and easy they were to use. She didn’t seem to like the idea at all. The only thing she would tell me was that she liked doing hers on paper. I don’t think there is any changing her mind, but I tried. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that she will be mailing hers off again at the last possible moment so she can get the free cookies and cider at the post office.
Strangely I miss the madness a little bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment