Thursday, January 19, 2012

Random Act of Kindness

So I was running to catch a bus yesterday and I didn’t think I was going to make it because the bus was ahead of me and had crossed the street before I did.  It was raining a little bit so it would have been nice to catch it even though I was only going to ride it for a few blocks and I could have easily walked it.  This random guy in a truck across the street saw me running and he started to honk at the bus driver.  The bus driver had stopped to let someone off the bus but didn’t see me running so he closed the door and started to leave. 
I didn’t really mind and didn’t want to make a big deal of it so I just gave up.  The man in the truck saw him leaving and he wasn’t very happy that his bus driver was going to leave me to walk in the rain.  He was holding up traffic as he was stopped and started to honk with greater intensity.  I tried to motion to him that it wasn’t a big deal but for some reason to him it was and he kept on honking away.  Finally the bus driver noticed that something was up and stopped for me.  It just makes me wonder why a total stranger makes it his business to make sure I get on my bus.  Kinda random but also really nice at the same time.

1 comment:

Carters said...

That is way nice! I just love little acts of kindness like this! Thanks for sharing.