Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Wheels are in Motion


Well not exactly.  I just like to quote a Seinfeld episode where Jerry tries to help Babu Bhatt a Pakistani get some immigration help and really nothing is happening.  Watch a clip here. I did however get a nice recommendation from the Commissioner’s Director of Auditing for a position at BYUH.  It makes me feel like my dreams aren’t dead after all.  Here is the email I was blind copied on today…

“Eric and Rebecca,

We have a great accountant in S&I Financial Services that has shown a lot of interest in becoming part of the financial services team at BYUH.  Her name is Alicia Doutre.

I know you don’t have any immediate openings, but she’d be a good one to keep in mind.  She’s very professional, experienced and detail oriented.  Let me know if you have any questions about her or if/when you might have a need for another professional in your office.  She’d be a great fit in either financial services or student financial aid.”

I was a little worried because he referred to me as an accountant and that is not my job title so I wrote him back to clear that up and this is what he said,

“I think you’d be a great fit there.  I spend more time in the finance offices at BYUH than anyone in our office, so I’ll keep my eyes open for you.”

It is so nice to get such unexpected help.  I didn’t ask him for this or anything.  I am not going to start packing my bags yet, BUT I am sure going to keep selling everything I don’t need for the time being.  Maybe I can take this smog filled air for a few more months since I have people looking out for me like this.  The way people are going out of their way for me makes me feel like I better accept a position if I get offered one.  I mean I would have to be crazy not to.  Chance of a lifetime!

No comments: