Thursday, February 13, 2014

Becoming Grandma


The older I get the more I realize that I am becoming, not my mom but my grandma.  I have mentioned before the fact that my mom tells me all the time I am just like my grandma.  It makes me wish that she had a blog or a journal that I could go back and read and see more of her life lessons because I know that her life was not always easy but she always had these little gems of wisdom to share with me.  She would do this especially when I was frustrated or upset about something.  I remember once when I was stressed about something, she told me that stress isn’t always a bad thing.  She said that feeling stress in our lives helps us to rise to meet our challenges.  Well I am not sure where my grandma came up with this chunk of wisdom but she was way ahead of the science that I happened to stumble across today. 


If she were alive today she would be 103 on March 9th.  I guess all I can do now is just be grateful for the time I did have with her.  I guess coming up on the anniversary of her birth is probably a good time to be reminded of her goodness. 

No comments: