Monday, February 17, 2014

I'm Just a Girl!


Okay so this is home improvement project number two.  The first one, stopping the leaky bathtub faucet didn’t go so well.  This one went better but it was definitely a learning experience.   It also gave me a lot of anxiety last night as I was thinking about everything I had to do today to bring it all together.   I have wanted to do a backsplash for a few years now and I am not sure why I finally buckled down and bought the stuff I needed.  It only took me six trips to Home Depot.  I may have gotten a little extra help from the people there, but one of the guys seemed a little annoyed by me, yikes!  I am sorry but I don’t have a hack saw at home!  I have finished one side and now I have to work on the other, but I am NOT going to think about that for at least a week or two because my body is still in pain from today.  Blah… blah sad story I know.  All in all I think I have spent a little over $150, but by doing it by myself I saved probably about $200-$300.  Let me just say that I will not be tackling any new projects for a while.  And I mean a long while.   Anywayhere is the progression...





Lessons learned- cut holes for the outlets smaller than the outlet, don't drop screws down the disposal and wear gloves when you grout. 

2 comments:

Jennifer Mosher said...

You are handy, dandy Alicia!! Nice work. I think it looks amazing!

Lisha said...

Thanks Lady!