The interview didn’t go super well so in a way it was a
relief. At the same time I feel like I
need a change. There is still one other
position that I have applied for over there with the FM department of the
church, so we’ll see about that although neither of those positions will offer
me any help when it comes to financing my move.
There is one other position that Abe has his eye on for me though. It is a management position, so there may be
some help with the move but there is no guarantee that the position will
actually open up.
The biggest thing that makes me want to get out of Utah is
the winter inversion. Last winter was a
bit depressing. I have been talking to my boss and he may try
to work some of his contacts to get me a position in a warmer climate within
the US mainland but then the biggest challenge would be selling my home and
likely some furniture, but I could keep my car. I wouldn’t really lose much money on my place
except the realtor fees that would be over $7,000 unless sell by owner and that
probably isn’t going to happen under a tight time frame. Then my final thought is, do I try to sell it
now in case something does open up? Will I regret it later? I guess I can at least wait till Friday to
see if I get a job offer even if it does seem HIGHLY unlikely at this
point. Ahhh... But then again look how lovely it is over there!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment