Lately, I have just been playing the guessing game when it comes to my finances here. I rented a place based on what I paid for my mortgage plus a few more hundred dollars I figured I had coming from my promotion. I used to think that Costco's produce was expensive and now I think it is as cheap as it gets around here. I also find it really hard to believe that I just paid $80 for an oil change, yes, it was synthetic for the record but still, that is crazy to me. I used to get away with $20 oil changes.
I decided to really figure out what my take home pay was going to be since my first paycheck was full of errors and then prepare a budget. After taking out all my monthly expenses, I still had $380 left over. Of course I wish it was more, I am glad to see that I have a tiny bit of wiggle room to survive out here. I might even be able to take a vacation here and there.
I went to an open house where they were showing five new homes for sale, just to get an idea of what the real estate market was like out here and they were selling for between $530 and $700 thousand dollars. I walked in them and they seemed more like modular homes than real sturdy homes. They seemed like they would just blow away in any sort of hurricane. Needless to say, I won't be buying anything like that anytime in the near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment