I have been pretty frustrated with the mold in my apartment, and the lack of options in my price range. Monday I decided after seeing good places being snatched up before I had a chance to see them, that I needed to set up alerts on Craigslist so I could act fast on new places. Yesterday I got an alert for a new place and I knew I needed to be one of the first to respond. This is the studio I saw that comes furnished...
The ad said that she wanted a quiet professional with proof of employment. I thought this is ME! I texted her but when I didn't hear back I new I needed to call. I didn't get an answer, but I wanted this place SO bad so I called again because I knew she was getting bombarded with calls, and I finally got through.
Mercedes from Argentina said that I could come over at 5:00, I was the first to see it. I knew I needed to convince her that she needed to rent to me. She really seemed to like the fact that I didn't smoke or drink and that I had a verifiable job. I told her I would do everything I could to keep her place nice for her while she was gone. I looked in her fridge and noticed that it was loaded up with veggies, like mine and that she also shares my love for the Blendtec blender.
I knew there was a chance that she would decide to go with someone else. Maybe the fact that I didn't drink made her think I was a freak or something, so I went back to check out some other cheaper units in her building today and I saw her in the parking lot. At first I tried to avoid her because I wasn't sure if it was going to be awkward, but she saw me and came right up to me. I told her I was going to check out some other units and she said that was fine, but she said she had one last question for me, and said let her know if I decided to go with another unit.
I saw the other units and I pretty much wanted to throw up. I didn't know how someone could live in those places even if they were cheap for Hawaii standards. They were rusted out and never updated from 1970. Come on, I'd rather sleep in my car! Throw in some upgrades or you will never get those places rented out to anyone decent. Before I left I texted her and told her that I was only interested in her place.
She called me shortly after and said that she didn't want to deal with the stress of interviewing any more potential renters and I think she felt like she could trust me. Maybe when she saw me looking at other places she was afraid I would take something else. She said that she would send over the rental application today and move forward with letting me rent so she didn't have to respond to anyone else. I pretty much screamed for joy when I hung up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I guess the zebra rug is my bed then...
The couch actually pulls out, but if you want the zebra rug, no problem.
Post a Comment