I am feeling so blessed to be here in Hawaii. Even though I have had to deal with mold and I have to pay an arm and a leg to live here, there are so many reasons to be happy here. The weather is usually gorgeous and when it isn't it just rains intermittently. So far my job is low stress. I am told that my job will get busier and more stressful but I don't think I will ever have to deal with some of the horror stories that many of my friends in Corporate America have to deal with. Even my friend Melanie at LDSBC is working 12 hours a day at busy times.
I went to an all day training Friday that was all about leading like the Savior. I met two other mid-single ladies and we all shared our stories about how we felt the Lord has lead us here. It made me reflect on when I was trying to decide if I should go back to school to finish my bachelor's degree, and I was worried that if I went to school online that no one would want to hire me. I prayed about if I should go back and when I prayed I had a very strong confirmation that going back to school would be a good thing for me and that great things would open up for me if I made the commitment. It is nice to see the fruits of my labors.
The other thing that is great is that my employer really appreciates me. He is so happy to have me and he wants to make sure I am happy working there so I don't want to leave anytime soon. If I have a concern he not only validates it but he fixes things. In my old position I felt appreciated by the people I helped over the phone but I didn't feel appreciated by management until I decided to leave. Once I made that decision, they realized how hard it was going to be to replace me and bring my replacement up to speed. Sadly it took me leaving to make them see that they have to work harder to keep good employees.
Yes, things aren't perfect but this is definitely the adventure I needed. Now I just need to convince my friends that they need to come and visit me. I shouldn't have to twist their arms too far this time of year. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment