Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Grateful for Good Music

I am grateful for music.  I am grateful for its power to inspire, uplift, and motivate. There have been a few songs lately that I want to hear over and over again for their power to inspire me and lift my mood.  Here is one of my favorites...
Here is another gem from the "Meet the Mormons" movie that I also love... 

Then there is the music that motivates me to move. There is NO way I would have been able to finish a half marathon without good music. In this shot I am pretty sure I am listening to "So What" by P!nk. I was at mile 11 of 13 while running from the Draper Temple to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple...
Lastly, there is my house cleaning music, boy my place would be a mess if I didn't have good house cleaning music.  It started with Ace of Base back in the day. When my sister Cate was moving out of her apartment and we needed to clean the place up, she made sure I brought my Ace of Base CD so we could rock out as we cleaned. Also there are songs like Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" that just wont allow you to sit still or keep your mouth shut when you are driving in your car...
 
Well I guess there are too many good songs to list them all but I am SO grateful for people who have those skills and allow me to benefit from their talents.  And even if I can't find a good DJ here in Salt Lake, at least I can always have a dance party in my living room with my iPod or my Xbox.

No comments: