This morning I am especially grateful for an awesome bus driver. Too many mornings I come barreling out of the house right before the bus is supposed to be at my stop. He is usually a little early and needs to wait a minute or two at my stop, since it is a check point stop. I have to admit that I have lost track of how many days the bus driver has waited for me to run from my house to the stop. This morning when I got on I thanked him for waiting and he said, "There you are!" like he had been waiting just for me. Usually when I get on the bus I am a little embarrassed but some of the riders are smiling at me because they have just watched me run as fast as I can the half block to the bus in a skirt with two bags. I keep telling myself that I need to work on my bus stop punctuality but the driver just makes it too easy to cut things close.
The other reason he is awesome is that he even knows the stops that people usually get off at. There were a couple of teenage boys who I usually see on the bus and they were really into some kind of Japanese anime comic book. The driver stopped at their stop as usual, even though they didn't pull the cord. I looked at them and asked, "Isn't this your stop?" They rounded up there stuff and ran off the bus a little embarrassed. Then there was the day that I was planning to get off at a later stop than I usually do and he did the same thing for me. I was really into reading my tablet and he stopped the bus and asked, "Did you want to get off here?" I thanked him and said that I would be getting off at a later stop that day. I mean talk about going above and beyond the call of duty! He's the best and he is almost never late, which leads to less cold mornings waiting for him to come. I am going to be sad the next time they reschedule their routes. Maybe I can call and beg the people at UTA to keep him on my route.
I am grateful for my friend Stacey who is collecting money to buy a homeless man a coat.
I am grateful that my mom got into discounted senior housing in Minnesota and that she has a good network of people to help her move so I don't have to worry about her financially as much anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment